My name is Lee. This is me:
But my hair normally looks more like this:
That guy with me, that’s my husband Jason. We have a golden retriever named Murphy.
I could tell you my whole story. How I had no knowledge of nutrition at all for a while. How I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t lose weight when I was eating all fat-free foods. Two sodas and two plain bagels for lunch in high school and I couldn’t figure out why I weighed more than my friends. How I figured it out when I was in my 20′s. How I lost a bunch of weight and became obsessed with it all. How I got over that and made peace with food (mostly). But I won’t. It’s too long and besides, I just told you anyway.
Instead, here’s what I would want to know about me:
• I’m 34. I look young. I know. I’m grateful for this.
• I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I’m originally from the DC area but moved to Atlanta almost ten years ago.
• I really like hummus. I liked it before it was cool. Swear.
• Jason and I got married on June 26th, 2010. Look closely, there’s a dog on our wedding cake.
• I’ve run a bunch of races, including a marathon and nine half-marathons. My first race ever was a half that I did with my father. I beat him by one second.
• I went to college at the University of Vermont and have a degree in Studio Art with a minor in English. I currently work in the marketing department of a promotional products company.
• I’m a pescatarian. This means that I eat fish and seafood but no other meat. I stopped eating beef and pork when I was 15 or 16. When I was around 24, I became pescatarian and stayed that was for around 7 years. For a year or so, I reintroduced chicken into my diet and then became completely vegetarian for about six months before returning to pescatarianism. As one of my co-workers likes to say, I like to eat pescs. However, 90% of what I cook at home is vegetarian.
• Unlike me, Jason does not have some weird food label for himself and eats everything. He likes hummus a lot too. He blames me.
• Despite it’s name, In My Tummy isn’t a food blog. I am very interested in healthy food and like to eat it but I’m not so great at inventing it. You’re probably not going to find any new recipes here, but you might find pretty pictures of someone else’s recipe.
• I use a Canon Xsi dSLR camera and a Canon Powershot A590 for my photos. I also use a Opteka bounce flash. Balk at the flash if you will, I like it. I’m a non-conformist and I have really bad natural lighting in my house. I edit my photos in Adobe Photoshop CS5 or iPhoto if I’m being lazy.
And that’s me in a nutshell.